Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Dose of Normalcy...

That's right! My pain is almost gone at this point. Wow-it's truly amazing what a difference it makes. The sun is shining, birds are chirping, no one is cutting me off in traffic...ok, well, no, that's not true, but it is so nice to be able to be free enough to walk around without worry of hurting. At this point, I've completley stopped taking my pain meds, praise the Lord, and am only experiencing some slight left arm pain at a level of a 1 or 2. It's been so nice to sleep thru the night, and feel rested. We are praying that the improvement means that the Gleevec, which I started taking daily last Thursday, is working and that my bloodwork when I go back to the Dr. on Thursday will show that as well. I have, thru the grace of God, been able to keep all of my jobs that I had planned for the fall semester, which is a huge blessing because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to, especially after missing a couple of days being in the hospital recently. But I'm teaching today at my private Christian school job where I'm team teaching a Performing Arts class. Then tomorrow, I will have my first class of dance students, teaching a musical theatre dance class in South Arlington. Then next week I begin my work with Casa Manana, as a teacher for their Live On Stage class on Tues nights, as well as choreographing the musical, Jungle Book for their fall children's show. I'm so excited about all these opportunities and am so gratefuly I was able to keep these jobs.

Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts and comments. The encouragement is overwhelming. It was also nice to be in Abilene this past weekend and see people at First Baptist Church who have been so diligent in their prayers. Thank you so much!

Luke

2 comments: