Thursday, August 27, 2009

Insurance came thru!!!.....or did they??

Well, both are true actually. They finally did approve the Gleevec. However, my copay is still extremely high. I have contacted NOVARTIS, who is the company that actually makes the drug, and they have a patient co-pay assistance program. I gave them all of my information today, and they are supposed to get back to me in a few days about how much they could assist me with. Not sure if this is correct, but when the first lady I talked to was giving me the general information on the assistance program, she told me that it was possible to get the drug FREE for a year! Not sure how that all works, but that is definately a huge prayer request, that I could get some or full assistance in paying for the medication. My parents are helping me pay for the drug with the co-pay as is, so at least I am now ON the Gleevec, and hopefully it will be helping my "myloproliferative disease" to go into remission.

Another piece of good news is that I am feeling quite a bit better. Dr. Fay gave me a new pain medication yesterday, and it is actually helping me. So I got to sleep a few hours last night which was nice.

Thank you all for your continued prayer support and comments.

In His Grace,
Luke

5 comments:

  1. Hi Luke,

    My mom sent me the link to your blog. I am glad to be able to keep up with how you are doing and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Glad you are feeling better!

    Kristin Levrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luke! Just catching up on blog posts today....I love reading what you write....I feel like I'm there every step of the way!

    What are the odds of Susan coming in as your nurse?!? That is awesome! We talked to her later that evening and she said she had noticed that "the patient" was from Abilene and almost asked if you knew the Haddox family but she said thought, "what are the odds" and didn't mention it....little did she know the last 30 yrs. of our lives and MANY ;) more of our parents' lives together in A-town & 1st Baptist!

    You are continually in our prayers and we look forward to talking soon.

    Chuck Haddox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Luke!

    Just wanted you to know we are praying for you! Thanks for the updates!!

    Seth Summers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog inspires me...I think you should go into the ministry after this is over with!
    marci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Luke. We're continuing to pray for you! I wanted to let you know that Keri's mom works for Novartis Corp. office and she will be looking into any further assistance that you might receive when she gets to work on Monday!

    ReplyDelete