Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pain, pain, go away...come again another day...

The last 48 hours have been probably the most pain I've had since the hospital stay in July in Abilene. It began in my arm, and moved to my hips, back and legs. It always makes sleeping very difficult. I'm usually counting the hours to be able to take another dose of Advil (every 6 hours). I tried to sleep it off today and was pretty lazy, aside from trying to do some choreography for an audition I have to run tomorrow for one of my jobs at Casa Manana. I'm getting to choreograph for their children's musical, Jungle Book. I've very excited about it. It'll have Equity adult actors for the main roles, and chilren for the ensemble and younger parts. The pain made it a bit hard, but God has allowed the pain to subside somewhat and now its just in my left arm.

Another bit of frustrating news is that this new "miracle" pill they wanted me to start taking on Thursday-Gleevec-is taking a while to get approved. Turns out, because its such an expensive and major medicine to take, that the doctor has to "pre-approve" it, meaning not just write a prescription or fax over his signature, but literally call the insurance company and state why I need this medication. I just got off the phone with the insurance company, and they said it'll be at least 2-4 MORE business days before I can get the Gleevec. Grr...Ok Lord, help me to trust You during this time, and not get irritable. For those of you who know me well, this is definately a challenge for me, but God is trying to teach me patience, love for those dang (ahem) insurance people, and to remember that He is good all the time. I just read Meredith Stedham's blog entry and if you know her, I would highly suggest following it (even if you don't!). Her journey is amazing and much more crazy and challenging than mine as she is dealing with breast cancer. She definately has the right perspective and I'm inspired by her joy and peace through it all.

Thanks so much for your prayers and I am praying for y'all as well.

"For He said to me, 'My grace is sufficent for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness,' therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9

4 comments:

  1. You are loved and prayed over daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night about you--a very sweet, detailed dream where you and I spent hours talking about difficult and important things. I woke up this morning feeling as if we had actually been talking. And it led me to pray for you even more this morning. I'm grateful to be able to read updates on how you're doing, to be able to pray specifically for you. Love you, my friend!
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are praying for Meredith, Luke, and I want you to know she is praying for you, too, as I am. The Lord is at work in both of your lives as you abide in Him. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there bro! You are in our prayers this week!

    ReplyDelete