Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bring it on down brother!

Saw the doc this morning. Gleevec seems to be working! White blood counts are down to 21,000. That's the lowest they've been since I left the hospital in Abilene back in June. When I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago in Dallas, they were up to 44,000, then when I saw doc last week, they were holding around 33,000, and now in only 1 week of this medication, they're down to 21,000. Things are looking good. Also, no side effects as of yet for the medicene. Pain seems to be going away slowly but surely, and like I said before, it's been so refreshing and nice to walk and sleep and go about the day without feeling like I have to be slow or careful because of the pain. I see the dr again in 2 weeks, so hopefully we will have even more good reports! My brother is getting typed this week or next to be a possible donor. Not sure at this point if a transplant might be necessary or not, but pursuing a donor just in case.

Luke

3 comments:

  1. We are thrilled that things are going so much better. The students in the Metroplex are very fortunate that you are there to share your talents with them! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you, Luke. So thankful that you're feeling better!

    Chrys

    ReplyDelete