Saturday, November 21, 2009

On the road again....

Prayers are truly being answered. Counts are going towards normal, I'm feeling much better every day, and its seems like we're headed in the right direction. My white blood count was 21,000 today. Which is the lowest it's been since just getting out of the hospital in Abilene in July. Also, my red blood count was up to 26, so I didn't have to get a transfusion the last 2 days. The fluids are helping, and I'm also getting an antibiotic called Roseffin thru the IV still every day until my counts are back to normal and I'm feeling pretty good.

We have decided that it is best to pursue the transplant as soon as possible, which means starting the process before Christmas and depending on how long the official 'workup' takes, how long my donor takes to get his/her workup done, and if they are still healthy, the actual transplant could start before or after the new year.

My transplant coordinator wanted to make sure I was "emotionally prepared" for the transplant. I honestly believe that God has spent this week preparing me, and I feel I am ready to begin this process, "GET 'ER DONE", and start the healing process.

Thanks for your constant love, support and prayers.

Jesus is enough.

Luke Longacre

2 comments:

  1. Oh Luke,
    I wish I were the donor. I am healthy, I am registered, and I love you, so that should count! I am praying for the donor as well as for you and I am so happy to hear the good news about your near normal counts and that you are feeling better. Praise God.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke - you are often in my prayers and on my heart. I'm thinking about you and pray that the transplant goes smoothly and quickly and that it will begin the road to your healing! Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete