Thursday, November 12, 2009

Feeling better...

So, whether it's the "tide-me over drug" called Hydrea, or the fact that my pain has just gone away, or perhaps it's all the awesome 'prayers of the Saints' out there (thank you!!!), my pain has diminished significantly!!! I haven't had to take any pain medication since yesterday morning, and even now, my pain level is about a 2 or 3, rather than 8 or 9. Such a blessing. I began taking the Hydrea med. 3 times a day yesterday, and I think by last night, it had kicked in. It is helping a lot, and its nice to be able to function without taking the drowsy pain medication.

Also, dealing with this new drug Sprycel hopefully will be a tad bit easier than getting the Gleevec medicine. I contacted Bristol-Myers who makes the Sprycel drug, and they actually don't have a "co-pay assistance program", but rather a patient assistance program. Which basically means that they don't help pay for any of it unless you 1. don't have health insurance or 2. your insurance denies you for that drug. Well, whether or not it's a "good thing", my insurance DID deny me. Ha-maybe the first time that I am actually glad that my insurance was being difficult! So, I have applied for assistance for Sprycel and hopefully will know in a few days if I receive help or not. Hopefully so, because just like Gleevec, Sprycel can be extremely expensive per month. Haha, I wish that I could trade the Gleevec pills I have left for cash! Perhaps sell them on the black market?! Hey, I'm a starving artist, don't judge me!! :)

Anyways, thank you all again for prayers, support and words of encouragement. Your words have really meant a lot to me, whether on text, facebook, comments on here, or to my parents. I pray God allows me to see all of you at some point in the near future and thank you in person. God is good, and has given me Joy in the midst of life's crazy circumstances. Thanks for reminding me of the many reasons I have to be JOYFUL!

In His Grace and Love,
Luke

2 comments:

  1. if you ever need a little tike to love on, titus and i will be right over. praying for answers, and for provision for you.
    love you..molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. luke, i have been checking on you with your mom and nancy jones gave me your blog address today. i am praying for you- for pain control, for generous drug companies and for your future transplant. your friend, brenda wildner

    ReplyDelete