Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Community is key...to take that victory!

(this is said in a cheerleader voice while clapping the hands and step-touching back and forth).

Ha. Cheesy I know but so true. That's one of the best most amazing things God has been teaching me lately is that He made us for community. Or in another word, RELATIONSHIP. It's so cool to start understanding why He created us this way...because that's His desire is to have a relationship with us. He has surrounded me with such incredible community/relationships lately and I've been so blessed to see so many people lately. People who are drawing me into a deeper more intimate relationship with Him, who model that in their own life, and who I can share deeply my joys, hurts, fears and failures with.

I had an incredible time of prayer with two groups today. The first was our Sheperding Team at my church. Guys who prayed over me and have been such models of pursuing Christ passionately in my life lately. I'm so honored, blessed and humbled by them and their incredible community. The second was with a few of our young adult group at church. We prayed for our community, praised the Lord for the good and asked His help in the not so good. It was so great to be a part of both of these times.

God has also allowed me to get to see and hang out with people I'd not seen in a while lately. Molly and Peter (wussup!), and Sarah and Ryan (yo!). I'm so thankful for their place in my life, their servanthood and example to me.

I've also been blessed by friends and community in and around Ft Worth. God is continually reminding me that I'm not alone and we're not meant to do life alone. We were made for relationship and without it we will dry up spiritually, emotionally and physically.

This has been so good to go into the transplant process beefed up on community and prayer for the season of life I'm about to face.

I had a doctor's appt today and found out my white counts were a bit up today at 22,100. They've been mostly normal for about a month now, and even dipped below normal which is why my dr. only had me taking my sprycel pill (chemo drug) once every 3 days. However, now he wants me to go back to every other day. That should hopefully keep me pain-free until the transplant process begins.

I also found out that the OFFICIAL TRANSPLANT PROCESS WILL START ON JAN 19. I'll be admitted to the hospital on the 19th for 7 days of chemo, then will receive then transplant on Jan 27th. My donor has approved those dates and everything is a go! This is only a day later than we thought a couple of weeks ago, which is great news.

Another awesome thing is that I got to talk to Sara Dubose, and amazing woman who has just recently herself gone thru the transplant process. It was so refreshing and calming to talk to her about her process, the good and the bad, what to expect and know she is on the other side of it. In her words, "you'll breeze right through this." I'm sure hoping so! We got to pray together and it was so awesome to get to pray with someone who knows exactly what I'll be going thru. Thank you God for her testimony and her amazing ministry to me and my life at this moment. Please be in prayer for her as she continues to recover and heal.

Will continue updating when there are things to report. Thanks for prayers, support and love!

God is good.

6 comments:

  1. You're silly. I'm glad we could share rockband, beans and cornbread, monster cookies, Charlie and Titus. We will continue to faithfully pray for you in this process. Haven't forgotten to talk to Lauren...
    Sara dubose...so cool! I know her son Cliff through ACU!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be praying on the 19th and the 27th for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. We'll be praying for you.
    Keep up the positive attitude.
    God is good!!
    Oh - and just FYI, the girl Hannah I told you about is doing well ... even though she's in remission, she still is getting to participate in Make A Wish and she wished for her and her family (parents and brother) to go to Disney. SO they are - in Feb. ALL expenses paid - including snack money, travel, souvenirs, etc. So cool! They are all so excited. What a huge blessing for them. She turns 7 tomorrow.
    God is good - even when we don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luke! I've seen a few updates on your health on your mom's Facebook, and just got all caught up reading this. I will be praying for you!!! Michele and I are both in Dallas and would love to see you if you are able. And we will keep you in our prayers! -Julie Sorrels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the cheer! It was really helpful in visualizing the tone of your blog entry.
    I am very excited for you that your transplant is quickly approaching! And you are so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family. Continued prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Luke. We're so happy to hear that your transplant process will begin next week! We've been praying for you and will continue to do so.
    You have such a great attitude, such a strong faith, and are obviously surrounded by many people who care so much about you.
    Caitlin wants to make and send you a card at Baylor during your treatment there, so be on the lookout!
    Praying for your comfort this week, chemo treatment, transplant & recovery. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete