Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No news IS good news!!!

Sorry about not updating, but yes, no news is good news. Basically, the last week has been many many dentist appointments getting me ready for the transplant. It was work that HAD to be done prior to it. This Thursday will be my last dental appt praise the Lord! and after that, they will fax a letter over to my hematologist's office and my transplant coordinator will submit all the workup tests I've done in the last week, as well as my dental letter that clears me for the transplant to my insurance company. It will take insurance 7-10 days to process all of that and approve the transplant, and then and ONLY then can they notify the donor as to when they would like to start the process. Yes, my donor has been notified (wherever they are...perhaps even Europe!), but not specifically told when it might happen. Once the insurance approves everything, they are notified and they are in charge of the schedule at that point. I'm thinking it'll be the first or 2nd week of january at this point, but obviously alot depends on the donor and their timing wants/needs.

I continue to be feeling really well which is such a blessing. It was so great to see so many of you recently in Abilene, at church and around town. I love being able to thank people in person and hope to do it much more soon. For those of you in the Abilene area, I am actually doing a benefit concert next Wednesday, Dec 23. God put this on my heart a couple of weeks ago, and I am so grateful for my family who is helping me with the concert, as well as who will be singing in it with me (some friends too!). I hope to say thank you to everyone who has been praying and also feel like I can do something for your support-even if it's only singing, it's what God has shown me that I have to give at this point. The details of the concert are...

Broadview Baptist Church auditorium
7pm, Wednesday, Dec 23.

Would love any and all of you who can make it to come.

Also, I did want to say something about the last couple of weeks in reference to my relationship with God. As I've said prior in several posts, I am so grateful to Him for people in my life and want Him to be glorified first and foremost. However, I've realized recently that I do have a sense of anger towards Him. I began processing this with a couple of friends and have realized that while I want to have a godly perspective on this whole journey, I wasn't being completely real with myself and my feelings. Now feelings I know can be something we can't always trust, but they are still important to acknowledge and I feel I hadn't been doing that.

I want to be honest in this blog, no matter what that means, and sometimes that can be hard. However, I believe this is part of my journey too. I am thankful that it happened now as opposed to after the transplant started, because I feel as though God is working in and thru me during this process of "working out my salvation." Alot of times we think that because we believe, that means that God is going to take everything away-our hurts, fears, frustrations, pain, etc. But that's simply not true. It's not been true for me for sure. And I think that our pride, at least my pride has gotten in the way of what God truly wants to accomplish in and thru me during this journey. However, my anger and pride have turned me back to Him-to figure it out, to process it and to try and understand why. Why is this happening Lord? What are you doing thru it? Why do I need to take this time out of my life for this process? Did I do something wrong?

All these questions are hard ones to be sure...questions that sometimes don't come with an answer. However, it's in the searching that we see Him. It's in the difficulties and trials that He has shown me we are "refined in the fire." Whew-that is NOT FUN! I don't like it. I'm realizing that lately. But one thing I do know for sure...God is good. He loves me and His Word is true. His promises He will never break and no matter what it feels like, He will never let us go. I'm striving daily to hold onto those promises and trust and believe. It's not been easy but it's a daily battle we fight. The search for truth, for understanding, for faith when there isn't much to be found. It's definately there. But more and more I'm starting to realize...the journey is the point...not the ending. The search is what it's about.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks for being open and sharing your anger, fears and uncertainty. It takes a lot to do that.
    You are right. God is good and He is unchangeable. Our faith is what changes -- sometimes a steel cable, sometimes fiber optics. But every minute, hour, day and week we can hang on, the closer we are brought to God.
    You are in our thoughts, prayers and on our hearts, as well as God's.
    G&P, beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke,
    Your love for Him and faith in Him are such a blessing to so many people right now. God is continuing to use you through your honesty. We are human, and we will feel anger when life is not easy, and difficulties and problems are in our way. But your faith in the meantime, and your truthfulness about your situation is a witness to all.
    (I know, you are thinking...who is this?) I grew up at Southwest Park with your grandfather as my choir/youth minister. The Stewart family and my family, (Thompsons) have been friends, since Terry used to crawl under the pews and my mom had to drag him out!!
    You will continue to be in my prayers....and I am looking forward to the concert on Wednesday.
    God bless you! Sharon Cochran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke,
    Thanks for your honesty and transparency. The body is encouraged by this. For, it is yet a reminder of God's enduring love for us especially during our times of struggle, suffering, questioning, and even anger. What kid has not been angry at his Daddy? And, what godly Daddy does not continue to love? And, then there is our Abbba Father, Heavenly DADDY!! His love transcends it all! I continue to pray for you as God is writing His love story of your precious life on this journey. Your life has touched so many already through this expereince. Your Body of Christ family continues to uplift you and help bear this burden with you. Know you are loved with an everlasting love by YOUR Lord!
    I look forward to tomorrow evening as God works in and through you. He's got your back! And, you are SAFE!
    Love and prayers,
    Justin Holloway
    (I attend SWP with your Aunt, Sharon)

    ReplyDelete